Saturday 6 December 2014

3 Brush Challenge

We were given the task of completing the 3 brush challenge this week, it was something I was quite looking forward to trying out as we could do any makeup look we wanted the only rule was we could only use 3 brushes. I used Sammie as a model and then we swapped around and she did it on me. To complete this look the 3 brushes I chose to use was a foundation brush, angled liner and then a large shadow brush.
First I made sure the skin was cleansed, toned and moisturised. I then applied Illamasqua primer and Kyrolan foundation in alabaster using the foundation brush. I then powdered using a powder puff (I hope this doesn’t count as a brush). To apply some blush I just used my finger as I felt I could achieve the look I wanted without needing a brush. For the eyes I used my naked 2 palette in shade ‘booty call’ first all over the lids and then I cleaned the brush to use a different colour in which I used ‘tease’ and ‘chopper’ using the large shadow brush. For the lips I used MAC ‘all fired  up’ going round the lip using the angled liner brush and then filled the rest in dapping it on with my fingers and filling in with the brush.

I found this challenge really fun to do as it was really relaxed and a fun thing to try out and see if I could achieve, the images of the final look are below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment