Saturday 6 December 2014

Final Evaluation

I have found project ‘New Elizabethans’ really interesting, I have really enjoyed learning about the Elizabethan lifestyles and fashion of the time. Because they didn’t have the resources we have today I was really interesting learning about how they used what they had and made it beneficial. One of my favourite things was learning about the different products they used as cosmetics, for example using cochineal on the lips to achieve a red lip. Learning about how using these products damaged them but they still used them because women wanted to express their personality through the beauty of their makeup.
I also really enjoyed learning about the different techniques that we could use to achieve an Elizabethan look for example, learning to block out the brows. Something I would have liked to have done better would probably be maybe looking at some more Elizabethan portraits for influence and incorporate them into my final design. At the beginning of the course I was slightly worried about my makeup skills, I felt that we were slightly thrown in at the deep end but now I have completed the project I feel confident that it went well.

By doing research into Elizabethan portraits I built up my knowledge on what an ‘Elizabethan look’ is and then incorporated into my design. Also having the technical file was really helpful to me, being able to look back and see how I could achieve makeup techniques that I wasn’t confident in so I could practise them was really helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment